Tuesday, August 5, 2014

July 31, 2014 Session Report

Ten for this week's session, including two first time attendees (John C and Greg), Claire (back for her second session), plus regular attendees Alex, Mike, Tim, Ben H, Patrick, Rembert and myself.  Games played:  Sushi Go (twice), Splendor, Race: Formula 90, Ticket to Ride (10th anniversary edition) and 7 Wonders.

Game 1 of Sushi Go was a close one, final scores:  John W 31 Mike Ben H and Alex 29 Tim 24.  Ben was winning until he had to give up 6 VP for least desserts.

Splendor was won by Rembert, another close one:  Rembert 15 Claire 14 Patrick 13 John C. 11.  First play for John C, I felt good about this result because I remember teaching the game to Rembert awhile back and believe this is his first win.

I brought a Formula 1 car race game (Race:  Formula 90) but it didn't go over that well with everyone and we picked it up with Ben leading but about to come into the pits for tires. Mike, Tim, Alex, Greg and myself were the other participants.

7 Wonders was played next, and my winning streak continued:  John W 61 Tim 51 Mike 47 Ben 45 Greg 31.  I went kind of big on military and this time it worked out.

Ticket to Ride was a romp for Patrick.  Scores:  Patrick 136 Claire 102 Rembert 93 John C 86

Finally, there was time for one more game of Sushi Go.  Scores:  John W and Mike 35 Tim 31 Greg 30 Ben H 29.  We checked the tiebreaker and I was declared the winner (I believe it was most pudding which I focused on this time).

No comments: