Wednesday, August 27, 2014

August 21, 2014 Session Report

Twelve attendees this week:  Mike, Eric and sons Nathan and Ryan, Claire, Matt, Ben H, Doug, Neville, Rembert, Lina (back for the second week in a row) and myself.  We played Cheeky Monkey, the Game of 49 (3 plays), Fresco, Ticket to Ride, Spyrium and Splendor.  Some details follow.

Cheeky Monkey was won by Eric (47).  Nathan (25) was second, followed by Ryan (17) and Mike (6).

The Game of 49 (a new game that I picked up via KS at GenCon) was so popular it was played back-to-back.  First game was won by Doug, second by Claire.  Ben, Matt and I were the other players.  In winning, Doug had only three chips on the board, but they were all in a row as everyone else was low on money. 

Ticket to Ride was played with the USA map.  Surprisingly, I won.  Scores:  John 138 Matt 110 Claire 102 Doug 78 Ben 69

Spyrium was a close three-player game, won by Neville.  Scores:  Neville 75 Mike 67 Rembert 61

Fresco was won by Ryan (101) just ahead of Eric (94).  Lina (78) and Nathan (73) also played.

Finally, four of us wrapped up a third Game of 49 just as the clock struck nine.  I was the winner, perhaps with an asterisk, as neither Neville nor Mike wanted to burn all their money to stop me, and Rembert -- the other player in contention -- didn't have enough cash to top my bid.


No comments: