Wednesday, September 4, 2013

August 29, 2013 Session Report

Final session before Labor Day, and we had a total of six for this week's session:  Neville, Tim, Alex, Karl, Helen and myself were the attendees.  We wound up playing a total of three games, including two new games: Libertalia, Trains and the Agricola - 2 Player.

First up was Libertalia, which Neville had brought.  It features a mechanic I like with simultaneous card play, but the game did not go well for me.  As usual, the master of new games, Alex, was the winner, but it was a really close finish, top to bottom with me on the bottom:  Alex 83, Tim 81, Karl 79, Neville (who did a nice job teaching the game) 78 and John 74.  It was a fun game and I would be happy to play again.

By this time Helen arrived and we split into two groups.  Four of us played Trains, a Dominion knock-off with a train-building theme that gives you points from building to certain locations as well as for drafting certain cards during the course of the game.  Once again, Alex came out on top and (like the first game), I was in last.  Scores:  Alex 41 Neville 37 Helen 34 John 30.

The other game was an Agricola 2-player played by Tim and Karl, but I didn't get a report on what happened on that game. I recall Tim going to his car to get the game, then later I heard they played some computer version. Sorry, I was so engrossed in our Trains game, that I wasn't able to keep up and provide a fuller report on what happened.

No comments: