Friday, July 25, 2008

July 24, 2008 Session Report

For this week's session, we had nine gamers in attendance, including one newcomer to the club (Brent), Paul, Doug, Clayton, Eric S., Greg, Sarah, Ben and myself.

Here's some details on who played what.

Doug and Paul arrived first and played a two-player Qwirkle.

I introduced another new acquisition, the Catan Dice Game, to the group. Clayton came from behind, scoring 33 points in the last three turns, to take the win with 73 to 68 for Brent 67 for me and 62 for Doug.

Greg, Eric, Ben and Paul played Power Grid using the Central Europe map with the new deck. The game ran smoothly, taking around two hours, and Ben won on the tiebreaker (most money).

Clayton, Doug, Brent and I played a game which Doug had brought, called Chronology. It came down a close contest between Doug and myself and I got lucky with some easy sports questions while Doug got some toughies at the wrong time. Interesting game.

Sarah arrived and four of us played one of her favorites, Ingenious. The game was a real close finish between Doug and Sarah, with Doug winning. Brent and I rounded out the game.

Ben, Paul, Eric and Greg played For Sale after finishing their Power Grid game. No word on who won this one.

Final game of the evening was Cloud 9, which barely finished on time. It had an exciting ending, though. I was leading and jumped out at the first chance when I got to 50. Then Brent bailed when he saw he could collect 15 points and pass me, getting to 51. But Doug stayed in the balloon, along with Clayton, and took it up another level, passing all of us. Sarah also got to the 50-point level.

No comments: