Saturday, July 19, 2008

July 17, 2008 Session Report

Once again, there were nine gamers for tonight's session: Doug, Gabe, Paul, Clayton, Ashley, Nick, Ben, Sarah and myself. We played a total of five different games, two games were played twice.

When I arrived Gabe, Paul, Doug, Ashley and Clayton were contesting a five-player Tribune game. No word on who came out on top on that one.

Ben was next to arrive and he and I played a quick two-player game, Hive, which he had brought and he proceeded to trounce me.

Then Sarah and Nick had arrived so we played a new game that I had brought, Surf's Up Dude, which went well except when we got to the endgame and I couldn't remember the right rules (had left them at home). Anyway, Nick won a really close game, with 71 points to 68 for Sarah and 67 for Ben with me firmly entrenched in last.

After that, we mixed up the groups and Doug and Paul joined Nick and me for another game of Surf's Up Dude with Clayton sort of watching/playing as my teammate. After a slow start, Doug's surfers pulled out the victory with 56 points to 50 for Nick.

The other group of Ashley, Gabe, Sarah and Ben played Toledo; I have in my notes that Ben won but no other details on the game.

Finally, we wrapped up the evening with two simultaneous games of Cloud Nine. No report on the results, except that Ben was showing off by playing in both games at once and trying not to get too confused.

No comments: