Monday, February 29, 2016

February 25, 2016 Session Report


I was away at PrezCon (as were a couple of other club regulars), so co-Host Mike furnishes this recap:

"Attendees: Mike, Patrick, John B., Dave, Greg, Neville, Arnold, Rembert, Tim

Puerto Rico John 55, Mike 51, Arnold 50, Patrick 49, Rembert 33. Arnold ran a massive shipping game scoring 41 points in shipping corn. Patrick tried a sugar shipping strategy and got 35 points that way. John and I both went factory/big building but he was "upstream" from me and was able to take advantage of it to win.
Seeland Dave 165, Greg 135, Tim 120, Neville 114. I don't have any details but all of them enjoyed the game.
The New Science was played by Tim, Dave and Greg at the end but I needed to leave before they were finished. Greg was ahead as Sir Isaac Newton but the game still had much left to it."

As for PrezCon, the three of us who have been attendees here at Laurel CC all won plaques. First place prizes went to Eugene (for Stone Age) and Moon (for Tzolkin), and I managed to snag 2nd place in BrewCrafters -- at least that's all the ones of which I am aware. Moon also did well in the team event, winning it (which means she picked good teammates). Other results: Eugene advanced to the final in Russian Railroads but didn't win a prize. Moon advanced to the elimination round of the very large Settlers tournament there, and I managed to once again lose in the Puerto Rico semis after a couple of heat wins. There may be more, as I left while some events were still in progress. Learned a couple of new games in open gaming, bought some new stuff at the Auction Store for bargain basement prices and just getting caught up on sleep right now. Looking forward to seeing everyone this coming Thursday.

No comments: