Thursday, August 11, 2016

August 4, 2016 Session Report


I had to miss this session, but Co-Host Mike provides this report:

"Attendees: me, Jason, Jason Abovsky, Greg, Dave, Rouslin, Marian, Patrick, Ben, Tom, Rembert and one other person I forgot to record (sorry!)

We broke into 3 groups for the evening. The first table was me, Dave and the two Jasons. We started with New Bedford, a game that arrived during WBC. We had a couple rule issues with payouts but once we got started, two strategies appeared. I started whaling as quick as possible and the rest went with buildings. Over the course of the game, everyone else started whaling except Jason A. who just built stuff. In the end, he dominated the scores ending with 34. Jason B got 27, Dave got 22 and I wound up last with 17. I'm still not sure we played everything right but looking on BGG afterwards didn't show any errors.

The four of us then played a Vegas Showdown game. The game was new for both Jasons with Jason A once again winning after Dave completed filled his board completely. Jason A won with 64 pts, I had 54, Dave had 41 and Jason B ended with 39.

At the second table was Ben, Rouslin, Patrick and Tom (I don't recall see seeing him before). They started a full Machi Koro with both expansions. The game went over 2 hours with Tom finishing his city after a long, drawn-out fight. That table finished up by playing Cockroach Poker, with Rouslin being the first player eliminated.

The rest of the players played Switching Tracks. I don't know anything on how that game finished."

Hope to be back tonight for the August 11 session.

No comments: