Saturday, March 15, 2014

March 13, 2014 Session Report

After a great week attendance-wise, this session saw a drop in overall attendance to just six, but two were people who missed out on last week's session.  Neville, Patrick, Tim, Lee, Rembert and myself were the attendees.  We got in two games:  Eminent Domain (with the Escalation expansion) and 7 Wonders (with the Cities expansion).  Some details follow/

Eminent Domain:  Neville, who reminded that I had taught him the base game a few years back at EuroQuest, had liked the game enough to buy it as well as the Escalation expansion which adds a fifth player and some new options.  Everyone but Lee had played before, and Lee walked away the winner although Patrick had amassed alot of victory points but hadn't been able to conquer all his planets.  I, too, was stuck with an uncolonized planet or two (having gone the non-military route).  Final scores on this one:  Lee 22 Patrick 20  Neville 15  Tim and John 14

By this time Rembert had arrived and was patiently waiting to get into a game.  We played 7 Wonders, which everyone was familiar with.  Lee had brought both expansions, so we played with the Cities expansion which was new to most of us.  I tried something different and concentrated on the newer black cards, which I had kind of ignored in one previous play with this expansion.  This strategy paid off as I received a nice bonus card in the third age plus I had the fish through the discard Wonder (B side) that got me some free plays as well.  So, I won with my second best score ever (the only higher score was with the other expansion -- Leaders -- using a "big Science" approach.  Final scores:  John 81 Tim 66 (Tim was the big Science guy in this game) Lee 58 Rembert 52 Neville 52 Patrick 46

I am planning an out-of-town trip for next week so co-Host Mike will be back to do the honors next session.

Events coming up:  DERail (March 29-30) in Delaware; GCOM Game Days (first week in May) and the GCOM Family Picnic (this year it's on a Sunday in July).

No comments: