Sunday, August 11, 2013

August 8, 2013 Session Report

Six for this week's session:  Patrick, Helen, Tim, Doug, Brad and myself.  Three games were played:  Puerto Rico, Dominion:  Dark Ages, Eminent Domain.

Five of us were there for the start, and so we played Puerto Rico.  Final scores were John 52, Helen 43, Tim 43, Doug 39, Patrick 28.  Doug and Patrick did not get a large building, I had the Guild Hall, Helen and Tim each had two large buildings.  Helen took second on the money plus goods tiebreaker.

By this time Brad had arrived, so we split into two groups of three for the second round of games.  Doug, Patrick and I played Dominion-Dark Ages, using one of the pre-recommeded sets.  (Something about playing Chess with Death because Patrick and I were talking about chess.)  Anyway, Doug got into the Rats early but it didn't work out for him.  Patrick ended it by grabbing the final Province but I had picked up three Duchies and that was enough for me to prevail in a close finish:  John 33 Patrick 30 Doug 23.

The other game (Eminent Domain) lasted just about the rest of the session, and Brad won it:  47 to 29 each for Helen and Tim.  So, Brad and I went undefeated for the evening while Helen and Tim were tied for second in VPs in both of the games played.

No comments: