Thursday, August 9, 2012

August 2, 2012 Session Report

I was away at WBC and missed this session, but Co-Host Mike was on hand and filed this report:

"Tonight, we had 7 people at the club. They included Ben, Doug H, Patrick, Rembert, me and two newcomers Rob and Brandon (they saw our web page). We broke into two groups.

The first group (Ben, Rob, Brandon and me) played Power Grid with the US map. This was both Brandon and Rob's first time playing the game. Ben and I explained the game. The game was interesting as every power plant draw early on was for a very small plant. Ben and I debated on how quickly to buy the permanent plants. As it turned out, I got lucky with some draws toward the end. The game ended when I built 17 cities but could only power 14. This was still better than everyone else. The final scores were me with 14 powered cities, Brandon with 13, Rob with 12 and Ben with 10.

Patrick, Doug and Rembert started with Infiltration. Patrick had 17 points but got caught escaping . Doug won the game with 10 points and Rembert had 7. The three of them then started a game of Fresco but I don't have the final scores for that game."

No comments: