Thursday, February 14, 2008

February 14, 2008 Session Report

Attendance: down to 6 this week, as Doug, Paul, Nick, Sarah, Ben and myself were present.

Games played: 7 (Lost Cities, R-Eco, Hoity Toity, Imperial, Anno 1503, Qwirkle, Guillotine).

Some details: Paul and arrived first and we completed one hand of Lost Cities (won by Paul, 127-99 who scored the 20-point bonus). Nick arrived and we played another short game, R-Eco, which resulted in another win for Paul (19 to 9 for me and 1 for Nick; all three of us dumped). Ben, Doug and Sarah joined up as we played a 6-handed Hoity Toity and, in an incredibly close game where all six of us were in the running at the end, Doug pulled it out by putting together an 11-card set for best in final show. I nosed out Nick for second on the best collection tiebreak after Nick had triggered the endgame after trailing in the early going.

We then split into two groups of three. Following on the heels of Hamburgum last week, Ben, Nick and I tried another rondel game, Imperial, which took up most of the remaining session time. Ben won going away by pushing Russia to the end of the chart first. Nick did well, too, good enough to put me in last. Final scores were Bem 217 Nick 156 John 146.

The other table got in three games: Anno 1503, won by Doug with Sarah a close second. Paul then took the Qwirkle game, 137 to 127 for Doug and 122 for Sarah -- sounds like another close one. Guilltoine went to Doug, followed by Sarah and Paul.

I anticipate being at the PrezCon convention next week, so I will probably not see everyone until Thurs. the 28th. I left some attendance and games played sheets in the notebook that is packed away with the club's games, so I am looking forward to someone posting here or emailing me with the information from next week's session.

No comments: