Thursday, July 19, 2007

July 19, 2007 Session Report

This week we had a total of 10 gamers in attendance, making it three weeks in a row we have hit double figures. Clayton, Gabe, Eric, Doug H, Sarah, Paul J, Neil, Beth, Nicole and myself played a total of six different games: Cowpowker (played twice), Stonehenge, Phase 10, Billabong, Take 6 and Slapshot.

I was involved in the first Cowpowker game which I managed to win with a fortuitous card play that let me take an active card from each opponent. Then played Phase 10, which Sarah brought, and the game took a bit longer when it turned out to be more difficult to reach the later goals; Doug was the early leader but Sarah came back -- I think the game was abandoned after Doug was the first to reach Phase 8. After Beth and Nicole arrived, it was a five-player game of Slapshot that ended right before 9 one game into the playoffs. The three players who hadn't played before (Neil, Nicole and Beth) made the playoffs while the two who had played before (Eric and myself) were on the outside looking in.

Hope everyone had a good time. If anyone wants to post comments about the other gamers, feel free to do so.

No comments: